Entra un paciente en la consulta del doctor preocupado y pregunta:
Doctor, doctor no puedo parar de pensar en 2 + 1. ¿Qué es
Well, since we have broken the ice with one of the worst jokes in history, let’s go with our second blog post.
Today we are going to dedicate it to our dear daily companion: stress.
Stress is a feeling of physical and / or emotional tension; it is your body’s reaction to a challenge or demand. In small episodes stress can be positive, but if it is prolonged continuously, it can be harmful to health. This reaction is made up of 3 phases:
- Alarm Phase – In this phase your body enters high alert and reacts producing adrenaline and cortisol. This behavior is a type of instinctive escape response to a short-term dangerous situation.
- Resistance Phase – With constantly high levels of cortisol, we are vulnerable to infection and disease.
- Exhaustion Phase – At this point mental and physical exhaustion occurs, limiting mental flexibility. It is what we know as «being burned».
Fighting stress is not an easy task, since sometimes we cannot control the external cause. However, we want to give you a series of tricks that you can apply from the moment you have that uncomfortable feeling:
- Meditate – Find a comfortable position, close your eyes and breathe naturally.
- Control your breathing – Hold your breath for a second or two and then slowly exhale on the count of four. Repeat several times. If you are about to go to sleep; you can try method 4-7-8 which we will explain in a blog post later.
- Smile – Different medical studies point out that every time you smile, cortisol levels are reduced by up to 39%, and adrenaline levels are reduced by 70%.
- Practice your favorite sport – Sport is one of the best weapons against stress that exists. Help your body and mind to release accumulated tensions.
- Write regularly or keep a journal – Writing will help you vent and empty your mind of worries. It works for us!
- Have a relash – Nothing more relaxing than enjoying your favorite flavor at your time of day. That moment of disconnection, of peace … Try our flavors and enjoy a 10% discount on your first purchase.